photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

December 1, 2011

Layla's Pink Woodland Room

As promised, I am finally sharing the photos of Layla's big girl room!

When I designed her nursery, almost three years ago, I got a lot of inspiration from what I saw right outside her window - trees, birds, etc. and this time was no different.  We have lots of little critters running around our backyard and Layla is obsessed with all of them so I decided to bring a bit of the outside in to create a whimsical woodland room with some pretty girly touches.

But no room reveal is complete without the "before" photo!

BEFORE:

This is what the room looked like when we bought our house 6 months ago.

AFTER:

Yay!


Cozy little corner with lots of cute pillows and an Ikea Dresser with Anthropolgie knobs.


Wicker chair, sampler, painting (daddy's little girl) I gave Scott the Xmas before Layla was born, birdhouse and mini paper deer head.


This Ikea oval mirror fit perfectly over the dresser and the Love Mae bird fabric decals were too cute to pass up!



I had been hoping to find a place for this set of green lamps from Target -  
so happy they found a home here.



Ikea four poster bed and PB Teen Quilt (on sale and I couldn't have asked for a better color match!) - along with a few  of Layla's closest friends.


Bed close up - I am so in love with the colors in here!



More Love Mae decals and a good view of how the handmade curtains (courtesy of Noni) tie everything together.



I made this little bed side "table" out of an old lamp shade that I stripped down, covered in leftover curtain fabric and wrapped with pink and white baker's twine. 
I like how it's not too tall or intrusive but still functional. 


Closet corner with tutu - of course.


Bookshelf with Layla's "night time" books along with her yarn letter and Orla Kiely inspired canvas art I made with Modge Podge, brown kraft tape and colored paper.

Well there you have it!  One bedroom down two and a half to go  - since Hadley's nursery is almost complete!  I had a great time putting it together for her and it has become one of my favorite rooms in the house.  The first time Layla saw it she ran around smiling and touching everything.  When I asked her if she liked her new big girl room she yelled YES MOMMY! and that was all I needed to hear: )



Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a GREAT JOB on the room. So bright and cheery...sure to be a little girl's dream.

Joining you from the Etsy blog team.

Anonymous said...

Love the dramatic change. So bright and cheerful! TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...